Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wk/end Christmas Goodie Bake-Off! + Handel's Messiah



If you knew how much fun I have browsing magazines and online sources for tasty recipes you might think I'm a little insane . . . But, really? I just prefer to call it "high standards". {lol!}


Take a quick look! It might be a while before you see an ingredient picture like this on here again. :) Fun stuff!


I started the bake off with some almond flavored, cranberry white chocolate cookies. Should I say "yum"?


{Oh. my word.}

Here's the link to the recipe if you want to give it a try! I left out the almond paste simply because I didn't have any - worked fine. :)


I did make one thing that was semi "healthy": Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas. I'd never tried (or even heard of!) anything like this before so when I saw the recipe it caught my attention. While I like ole reliables, it's fun to try something a little exotic every once in a while.


These chocolate peppermint patty cookies were really fun to make! If you're a chocolate lover than you'll drool over these because that hint of peppermint really brings out the flavor.

{Trays for the reception}

After the race this morning, my sister Allie & ran by the office and then back home. I organized for a bit, chilled, picked up a few things are the grocer, spent a couple hours of fun in the kitchen listening to Christmas music and then . . .


The best part of the night was Handel's Messiah!

The concertmaster was my sister's violin teacher when she used to take so it was neat to have that connection. Also, the lead soprano was my voice teacher so flashbacks from lessons and taking mental notes were all part of it. :)

Everything was so professional and exact. Wouldn't it be so nice if there was a "re-live" button in life?


The lovely reception afterwards.



Visiting with friends. :)


And evening of culture = well spent. I had a blast! 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's your favorite Christmas music style?

Have you ever tried the white chocolate/cranberry (with almond flavoring) combo for cookies?

Are you a chocolate/peppermint fan?

2 comments:

Running Junkie said...

Hmmmm...all of your cookies look great! I'm going to make a few different ones to give out as little gifts, I might have to try yours!!

I am not a mint and chocolate fan but I love cranberry and white chocolate.

Ashlee Christopher said...

Holy delish!! You are so impressive!!