Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fresh Fruit & Yogurt


I've been trying out Chobani yogurt of late. It's delicious and so yummy with granola and fresh fruit! 


Sunday lunch was at a friend's house - organic granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and nitrate free bacon. We hung out the afternoon, sang around the piano and just talked. Friends are like gold! When you find a true one, it's a treasure.


I guess I've been eating lots of breakfast foods of late for meals other than just breakfast :) Last night we had fresh apple waffles (whole wheat) with lots of maple syrup. Bananas & PB make a great waffle topping :D The syrup was from friends - so sweet!


Whole wheat pita pockets stuffed with veggies was a recent lunch :)


Tomatoes are a great meat substitute for a summer sandwich and I love how refreshing and hydrating they are!


I was up and at it early this morning. For some reason, the weekend seemed to brew some unusual excitement and perspective into my daily routine. 

I did a quick 20 min workout + a stretch session this morning before heading out the door for work. I got home around 5:30 and by quarter of six I was in my gym clothes. This was the first time I'd gone for a "real" run {meaning more than just around the block :) } since my cold. Ahh - a cold will zap physical performance faaster than most anything, except maybe sugar :/ Glad to be back at it! 

Today's run was a test run more than anything else, to see how much endurance I'd lost and need to regain before Saturday as I'm running a 5K race this weekend! I went 2.5 miles this evening which felt great. Yahoo! I'm very excited about the weekend, especially since I'm doing the 5K with 2 of my sisters and a few friends :-) Anyone else training for a race?


Bubbies sauerkraut makes a great salad topping. I had some for supper tonight :) It adds great flavor & replenishes your GI tract with healthy "bugs" :) 

I'd had great of hope of going for an evening ride with my horse after supper, but I had music practice that was calling my name, plus overdue housework and it starting raining. Oh, well - maybe tomorrow!

It's been a while since I've done a recipe share . . . Any requests or suggestions?

10 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

I'm a big fan of Chobani yogurt here in Canada, but when I'm in the states I prefer Fage which is not available in Canada. Love it with fresh berries!

TheHouse said...

I'm training for the Color Run in Memphis. It's my first race. Ever.

I really like Chobani. I don't eat it often because I try to limit the amount of dairy in my diet. But it's definitely my favorite Greek yogurt.

Marissa said...

Great photos! So bright and delicious :) I LOVE Chobani - big fan of the pineapple.

Katherine said...

Ooh, that sounds yummy, Ellen! I haven't tried Fage, but I'm going to have to give it a try as it looks great!

Katherine said...

Great job on your race, Mrs. House! Let me know how it goes!!! I understand about limiting dairy intake - it's a treat for me too :)

Katherine said...

Pineapple sounds delicious! Great idea :)

Fabafruit said...

Hey nice blog!

I like it so much, please try to keep posting...Fresh Fruit

Fabafruit said...

Very nice! I really enjoyed your blog throughout all the time I have spent on it! thanks for sharing such an informative and nice blog with. I am really acknowledged by the content provided by you on this blog....
Philippine Cavendish Bananas

Anonymous said...

I love Chobani Greek yogurt! I've been using it a lot lately in my morning smoothies or even in baking to replace butter or sour cream. So good :) Great source of protein as well!

Fabafruit said...

Hey Nice Blog!

I read this post two times.

I like it so much, please try to keep posting...Fruit Suppliers