Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fresh Juice (Food Blog-- Last Sentence ;)


Fresh juice is packed with nutrition! Today was "stock the frig day" for fresh juice, and carrots were definitely a main ingredient. :) Carrots have lots of vitamin A - a great choice for cancer prevention and  fighting it, too!

{10 pounds of carrots = 64 oz of juice}

Carrots are rich in beta carotene, essential for the human body to function optimally. 


I went for a 3.25 mile run before a breakfast banana/protein green smoothie. :) {Aaahh - can't believe it'd been a wk since my last run!}


I made some pumpkin muffins (gluten-free) for my Granny this morning. I hope she enjoys them! The "health nut" title comes legitimately for me. :) My great-grandmother was a juicer and my grandmother is into Yoga and healthy food, of course! What can I say . . . inherited?


I had some of my mom's leftover vegan bean soup for lunch today. :) I need to do a recipe share on this one - I think you guys would really love it! It's an excellent source of protein, and it's a complete one at that because it has both brown rice and beans in it. 


And, now for the exciting news! Our sweetie pie Australian shepherd had her first litter of puppies!!!!! They are SO cute and tiny, too. Bonnie is such a good mama. :) 


Tonight's dinner was a lovely spinach salad, homemade muffins and leftover chicken & rice casserole. :-)


So, how about you - do you juice or hope to make fresh juice apart of your future? I'm interested to hear what you guys think about juicing, who's into it, and who wants to get into it. :) 

And, as much as it looks like all I do is make and eat food-- that isn't so.... This is a food blog so I'm sticking to the topic! Lol

4 comments:

Yo Momma Runs said...

We sometimes juice, but it's so time consuming. I love your idea of jarring it for the week. Do you worry that it will lose some of its vitamin potency? Someone told me that once, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. It's definitely better than not doing it at all, which is our current state.

Unknown said...

i did the 3 day juicing thing (see link below if you like) and husband and i still get in kicks and just add a few throughout the week. like yo mamma runs im wondering about jarring ahead of time. will it lose some of the goodness? also, is the exposure to the metal lid damaging? i ask because i know you are supposed to stir your fresh juices with a plastic spoon.

http://iseekwithallmyheart.blogspot.com/search/label/juicing

Sally said...

I love juicing but tend to only do it on the weekends so that I have plenty of time for clean up. I also like to bake or cook using the leftover pulp. I have a bunch of beets waiting in my veggie drawer to be juiced this weekend!
The bean soup looks SO good!
Congratulations on the puppies!

Keyona said...

oh my goodness girl that juice looks amazing!!! Do you have a juicer?
Also please share your mom's bean soup!! IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Aw yay for puppies!!!