Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Natural Beauty

I went camping!!! Yeah, it was so fun! The weather was perfect and it was a delightful time with my wonderful family. A great opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and strengthen relationships. 

{Sitting on the bank, enjoying the view this morning}

The reason for this adventure was a birthday celebration for someone very near and dear to my heart. My little brother, Joey, turned 7 last month, but due to a major medical issue our family was experiencing we were unable to get everything together for a party. But, we finally did and last night was a blast!

{Monday's lunch. Since I knew we would be cooking out that evening I decided to go with veggies for lunch!}


We played games, talked, laughed, went bike riding, ate good food, sang songs, danced, enjoyed the gorgeous weather and finally rounded off the evening with the Andy Griffith Show :)

{Bonnie, our Australian Shepherd sporting a ball cap. She's a little sweetheart.}

I got home from from the camping expedition about noon so shortly thereafter I went running. Was able to get in 2 miles today. Great for an easy day!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That sounds like such a great time! Thanks so much for following my blog by the way, I am now your newest follower as well. I am going to be training for a 5k soon! I've always been a short distance runner so working up my endurance has been my goal these days.

www.lovecleansing.blogspot.com

Real Food Runner said...

Hi Samantha, Thanks for following! That is so wonderful you're training for a 5K! Yeah!!! Have you check out the Couch to 5K plan, it really helped me! Here's the link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Miss Southern Prep said...

How fun! That sounds like a great weekend!

P.S. Thanks for the follow! Have a great week!