Thursday, September 6, 2012

Halfway Through: It's Day 4!

Hi, everyone! We're 1/2 way through the 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge now!!! This week is whizzing past - wow!

I wanted to share this link with you - Green Thickies. This girl is amazing and the story of how God healed her from several devastating health issues through green smoothies is simply amazing. She sent me her link and I wanted to share it with you. :) Check it out, if you're interested!

smoothie challenge

I made this for dessert last night. It was a mimic of yesterday's peach protein smoothie. I gave my dad a taste and he was a good sport. It's interesting how I think some things are SO sweet and yet when I give someone else a taste - well . . . :P I'll just be honest - some love it and some don't! I think it's partially psychological? The green color really seems to be something to get over, but it's possible!  

The thing to remember when you're starting a new healthy habit is start small. Not interested in drinking a whole green smoothie? Try making one at a family meal and giving out small servings. You can drink 1 or 2 ounces, right? Of course you can! It's the little things that make up the big differences. You might just discover that this is an easy, tasty way to incorporate more servings of greens into your diet. 

Here are a few 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenger recipe links below - they look so delicious! Thanks for sharing guys! 

Apple Pie Green Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Spinach Protein Smoothie
PB & Banana Greenshake

And, Liz from iHeartVeggies.com does a fantastic job eating healthy on a budget. Click here for her suggestions to cut costs! I really like the frozen spinach idea.

kale smoothie

I had plenty of kale on hand this morning so I used that in my green smoothie. :)

green smoothie ingredients

I didn't follow a recipe - just a bit of this and that :) But here's what into the blender: 8oz water, kale, strawberries, 1 Tbsp chia seeds (soaked), scoop of vegan chocolate protein powder, ice. Delish!

summer salad

I'm lovin' these last days of summer. The weather has been spectacular the last few days and the evenings are really nice.

whole wheat bread

Tomatoes sandwiches on high fiber bread are a favorite around here! A perfect lunch while the weather's still warm. :)

I had an inspiring piano lesson this afternoon. So thankful for my teacher! It's a gorgeous afternoon so I'm headed outside to spend some time soakin' up the sun. Need to stock up on some vitamin D for the winter months :P

Tomorrow is announcement time for an EnergyBit winner so if you haven't entered yet, there's still time! {Click here}

Vegetarian burrito bowls are on the menu tonight!!! What are your supper plans? Any green smoothies? :) 

3 comments:

Andrea V. said...

I'm loving this challenge so far! You are a great host!

Keyona said...

Love this challenge!
And the vegetarian burrito bowls sound amazing!!!!

Green Thickies said...

Thank you so much for the mention. Yes I had prayed for years that I would be healed but then I learned that God had given me everything I needed to heal my own body. I can't believe I didn't see God's food right in front of me! Green smoothies are amazing!