Friday, September 21, 2012

Wholesome Pumpkin Muffins


Happy Friday, folks! I've had a great day and hope you have too! I'm just back from a classical voice recital at a local university. My vocal coach was performing this evening along with a mezzo-soprano, accompanied by a talented pianist from Korea. They sang songs in German, Italian and French. Beautiful, that's all I can say. :) A taste of heaven!


I mixed up some healthy (naturally sweetened) pumpkin muffins to go along side a bean soup for this evening's supper. 


I pretty much followed this recipe {click here} but substituted the whole wheat flour with barley flour and instead of white sugar I used honey crystals. Oh, and I went a little heavier on the cinnamon spice. :) 

Here's the update recipe - 

Flour mixture
1 1/2 cups barley flour (you can you any flour you want, though)
1 cup honey granules (I think honey, agave, coconut sugar or sucanat would work just a well)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg 

Pumpkin mixture
2 eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 can of pumpkin puree (that's 1/2 of a 15oz can)

Mix together the flour & pumpkin mixtures separately. Then, dump the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture stirring together only until combined. Be sure to spray your muffin tins, pop them in the oven and bake @ 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!


My sister made these delicious kale chips. I had some for lunch today. :) I'd love to do a recipe post on this, would you like that? 


This was what I packed to take to the office for lunch yesterday. Sprouts, tomato & mayo are a great threesome! It looks like I added a little carrot there, too. :) 


Ahh, yes - here's a picture from today's lunch. :) I kind of ate in the midst of a project . . . 

I got in a 1.75 run before supper this evening along with some stretching in the sun! It was such a gorgeous day! Looking forward to many more!!! What do you love most about this time of year?

2 comments:

jillconyers said...

Hi from the Runner's Blog Hop. This is my favorite time of year! Right now I'm loving cool evening runs and almost any recipe with pumpkin.

http://jillconyers.com/

Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course said...

All your pictures are making me drool...