Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What's A Green Smoothie? Day 3 of 7 - Peach Protein

peach green smoothie

The smoothie station this morning. :) 

peaches

Peach Protein Green Smoothie
1/2 banana
1 cup frozen peaches
kale, 2-3 large leaves
2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup nut/seed milk (I used unsweetened almond)
1 cup ice

{Adapted from Choosing Raw}

Blend all the ingredients together, waiting until last to add your ice. I thought this recipe was delicious! If you give it a shot, let me know what you think. :)

green smoothie





Isn't this kale gorgeous?!

The thing about green smoothies is even though most of all turned out similar in color each recipe has a it's own unique delicious taste and texture. That's what I love about healthy food - you can be so creative and it's fun to think about the different nutrients that you're blending up!


green smoothie

I have the best mom! Knowing that I was hosting a green smoothie challenge here on my blog, she came up with this for a green smoothie description:

Satisfying
Mouth-watering
Oh it's so good
Organic, when possible
Tasty
Health building
Incredible
Energy-giving

How fun is that?! Too much. :) Okay, guys - here's a link recommendation for ya. I got an e-mail from Keyona sharing her link from Skinny & Delicious saying this about green smoothies:

"I've been wanting to try a green smoothie forever but the thought of putting spinach or any other kind of green into a delicious smoothie sounded pretty gross to me. I know I've heard a million people say you can't taste it but it still freaked me out . . . I finally decided to try one since I'm doing the 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge with Katherine. . . You really can't taste the spinach in this smoothie! This is a GREAT way to get in your extra greens and vitamins throughout the day. I really am a believer in the green smoothie now!" 

This makes me SO happy! Thank you, Keyona for sharing a glimpse of your journey with all of us!!! I love it when you guys send me recipes, links and e-mails sharing your personal experience - keep
'em coming!

green salad

For last's night supper I threw together this salad with chickpeas (for added protein), alfalfa sprouts, cucumber and a few slices of bell pepper. Served with a side of rice casserole. :)

veggie sandwich

Lunch was another veggie sandwich. Refreshing!

apple and peanut butter

It's about mid-afternoon now and it felt like it was good time for a snack and a blog post :) I hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic, productive day! What are you eating today?

4 comments:

J said...

Yum Yum. I have a very similar smoothie every morning. Except I use a banana instead of peaches. Maybe its the frozen peaches I bought but they just taste a little funny.

Paige King said...

My husband and I love green smoothies! Such a nutrition packed tasty breakfast.

RunningJunkie said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try the smoothie challenge next time. I got your email but was so busy because of the holiday weekend and my daughter going back to school that I didn't have a chance. Next time:-)

Ed said...

Way to commit! Almost there.....