Thursday, October 4, 2012

Simple Healthy Salads


I've been enjoying simple healthy salads over the last few days. :) All you need are a few lettuce leaves, some chopped red onion & some classic humus to replicate this one!


I mixed up some whole wheat pumpkin bread last night. First loaf of the year! It made a nice addition to today's lunch. :)


Kale smoothie for breakfast this morning! I ran 2.4 miles as my workout before this yummy treat. :)


Lunch date yesterday. :-) We were dining at a good ole fashioned, country cookin' place so there weren't many healthy options, but that was okay :P

I eat healthy most of the time (notice I didn't say all of the time :P) so it's not something I worry about when I can't. But, it was interesting to me how some of the worst things you could possibly eat were towards the top - price wise. I think my meal of the cheapest of all and it was one of the healthiest things available :P


Bean soup and a side salad make a delicious & nutritious supper!


Using up those killer of a deal mushrooms! If you're the grocery shopper for your household you'll faint to know that these were $1 for a huge pack. Yep, that's right!!! They're normally 5 or $6. Ahhh! Love it when I can enjoy healthy food for a great bargain!

{I love living on a farm!}

The day was overcast, a little rainy and then topped off with a dynamic sunset that made you stop and say "wow". I'm always amazed at how quickly beautiful sunsets disappear. If you don't look fast - you'll miss it! To me, it's a reminder to be grateful for the blessings in my life - today. Right here, now now.

Tomorrow is not a guarantee. Several of my friends were together in a car yesterday and were almost killed as they were pulling a trailer, it starting fish-tailing, and the driver lost control. The car rolled multiple times and several of my friends were thrown from the vehicle. If you could see a picture of the accident scene you would not believe that they all made it out alive. From the looks of the car, it's a miracle that everyone is going to be okay. They have some serious healing to do but they will be fine. So, I am praising God for His mercies today! I am sobered at the thought of how brief life is, but I am also encouraged because as scary as this situation was - God used it to prove Himself great. It is evidence that there is a God in heaven that sovereignly orchestrates everything for His glory and the good of His children.

~

Today is the last day to sign-up for the So Delicious giveaway! I will announce the winners tomorrow!!! See you then. :) 

How was your day? Do you have any favorite simple healthy salads recipes? 

2 comments:

fati said...

-Beauty has a lot to do with character.
-Beauty doesn't need ornaments. Softness can't bear the weight of ornaments.
-She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon
http://free-make-up.blogspot.com

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Whoa, that bean soup looks amazing! So hearty!