I think bell peppers and hummus are one of the most refreshing snacks for quick and on-the-go situations. Try it sometime! You can buy the fajita veggie mix in the fresh veggie section of your grocery store, grab a small container of hummus and you are set.
So, this was me at the office just before leaving for a hot yoga class with my sister yesterday evening. It was my first experience! I've consistently done stretching routines for over a year now on my own so I was really excited to see how much I could do in a group setting!
Pigeon is my favorite. Just saying . . . :) I guess that's because I'm a runner and this just does the trick to release hip tension after a workout!
As a novice, here are some things that I *heart* about Yoga:
- It's a parallel to life (meaning: you try - it's hard, and then it gets easier. You move to the next level. Repeat. You can always improve.)
- You compare yourself to the best you can be - not others on their mats.
- It's just as much mental as it is physical. (If you think you can or can't- you're right either way.)
- You feel AMAZING afterwards (I kid you not - my whole body felt better relaxed and in alignment after last night's practice!)
- You listen to your body - what are your limits? you'll never know unless you try.
Do you do yoga? Have you been to a class before? Have you ever done hot yoga?