I tried something new last night! I've been wanting to try my hand at cauliflower rice - forever - so I was super excited when I ran across this recipe from Hallelujah Acres.
Below is my modified version. :p
- 2 cauliflower heads
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 small red bell peppers (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (optional)
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 fresh lemon juice (or 1 extra large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash bell peppers. Slice and diced finely.
- Peel and shred carrots.
- Wash cauliflower heads. Cut out hard / tough spots. Dump into food processor. Blend into a rice like consistency. Add basil. Mix but still leave basil intact somewhat for garnish. :)
- Stir all veggies together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse out food processor for the marinade.
- Dump all marinade ingredients into food processor and mix until thoroughly blended!
- Taste sauce and adjust to your preferences.
- Pour over rice mixture, stir and enjoy!
Delicious & nutritious dinner = satisfaction. :) Perfect ending to a good work day!
Have you ever even cauliflower rice a try? If not - would you now?