Saturday, March 30, 2013

Carrot Cake for Easter


This is for tomorrow! I think it would be just plain wrong to have a traditional Easter dinner meal without carrot cake!!! And, you know me- gotta step outside the box, experimenting with a healthy version. :p

The cake: 

1 cup walnuts or pecans
3 cups shredded carrots (or about 5 large)
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch sea salt

Cream frosting: 
1 cup raw cashews (soak 1-2 hrs, if possible)
1/4 cup water
3 T agave nectar
juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp organic vanilla
sea salt, pinch

Garnish: walnuts and ground cinnamon. :)


Dump nuts into food processor. Mix with dates. Add shredded carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Blend until almost smooth. Toss in coconut and pulse slightly. Spoon into 8 x 8 glass dish. Set aside and make the cream frosting. :)

Soak the cashews, rinse and drain. Dump all ingredients into clean food processor (be sure to wipe it out from the carrot mixture!) and pulse until thoroughly blended. Taste to see that it is sweet enough to your preference. Frost onto carrot mixture.

Refrigerator or freeze until serving. Enjoy!


What delicious dishes / desserts are you making for tomorrow's dinner? 

Since tomorrow is Easter Sunday- I'm praising God today that Christ died to set me free and I hope you are, too. Not just from eternal damnation, but from sin in this life.

It's just a matter of remembering and believing who I am in Christ. :) I love the truth that I am blessed with every spiritual gift in Christ Jesus right this very second. Believe the truth and you will be set free. It's the gospel truth. :-)

Happy Easter, everyone!

6 comments:

Tisa Jacob said...

Happy Easter Katherine. Praise God that it didn't end on the Friday and that Sunday is here. Finishing up my Easter post, serious problem with concentration and I drifted here :)) (I'm doing carrot cupcakes- fun!). A blessed Easter to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment, just started following your blog... this carrot cake looks, yummy. I'm going to borrow your recipe :)

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

YUM, this looks delish!!!

Melike Sayman said...

This will be my post marathon treat :D last 4 weeks!!

Elizabeth said...

love love love carrot cake! yummy!

shannonmarie said...

Excellent job with the carrot cake. The photo looks very yummy.

Happy belated Easter!