Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Recipe! Cauliflower Rice Salad


I tried something new last night! I've been wanting to try my hand at cauliflower rice - forever - so I was super excited when I ran across this recipe from Hallelujah Acres.

Below is my modified version. :p


To make--

Veggie ingredients:
  • 2 cauliflower heads
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 small red bell peppers (finely diced)
  • 1 green bell pepper (optional) 
  • 4-5 leaves fresh basil
Marinade:
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 fresh lemon juice (or 1 extra large lemon)
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 3 small garlic cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt


Directions:
  1. Wash bell peppers. Slice and diced finely. 
  2. Peel and shred carrots. 
  3. Wash cauliflower heads. Cut out hard / tough spots. Dump into food processor. Blend into a rice like consistency. Add basil. Mix but still leave basil intact somewhat for garnish. :) 
  4. Stir all veggies together in a bowl. Set aside. 
  5. Rinse out food processor for the marinade. 
  6. Dump all marinade ingredients into food processor and mix until thoroughly blended!
  7. Taste sauce and adjust to your preferences.
  8. Pour over rice mixture, stir and enjoy!

Delicious & nutritious dinner = satisfaction. :) Perfect ending to a good work day!  

Have you ever even cauliflower rice a try? If not - would you now?   

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I have honestly never even tried cauliflower! But I keep seeing so many interesting recipes using it as rice and pizza crust I am building up my bravery to try it!

Liz said...

Looks delicious!! I've used it to make pizza crust and it was fantastic!!

Lauren said...

yum yum yum! i will be making this ASAP

Unknown said...

Cauliflower is one of the only veggies I like :) Looks yummy!

www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
www.daisyraeboutique.com

Chrissie said...

That looks delicious - and so healthy! Bookmarked for future reference :-)