Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie



It's Day 2 of 7 for the GSC! How's it coming for everyone?


Check out this new recipe I tried out yesterday! It's got a tropical flair. :-)

Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 kiwis, peeled
  • 1 fresh banana
  • 2 cup baby spinach 
  • dash sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup ice
**Recipe credit: Health Smoothie**



And, the finished product!

Tomorrow (Wed, April 24) is GSC link-up for all of you that are blogging about the challenge so go prepare those posts! I want to see pictures, read your recipes and know that you're having fun - so show & tell us!!! If you don't have a blog- no worries! You can simply leave a comment on how it's coming for you. =)

Be sure to keep up-to-date with the other co-hosts!   Hope // Sally // Kristine // Jezz //  Ashlee 

~

Alright, now for some other random food pics! 


Sprouts, tomatoes and mixed greens with mango salsa for lunch!


Sunday afternoon I was in a baking mood. I guess it's just kinda relaxing for me. :p So, I mixed up some cinnamon scones. I followed this recipe {Pidges Pantry} and pretty much all I did differently was use brown rice flour instead of whole wheat, omit the pecans and tripled the cinnamon. :)

These scones turned out absolutely delicious and I'd definitely recommend them if you're looking for something a little bit healthier than the white sugar version but still want it to taste good! {a must in my book!} They're perfect with lots of butter and jam. :)


Ooh, and this pic? Poor Mary . . . you guys can sympathize if you've ever had your wisdom teeth out. :( Does this qualify me as a good sister for not posting a picture - hehe! No, really I've felt terrible for her as she's had it rough! On a nutrition note, when I brought her home from surgery yesterday I asked if she wanted a frosty or a green smoothie. Guess what she picked? :p


fyi - I'm on call for a birth (yes, this will make #6 for me and my last needed to qualify for my birth doula certification!) Righto - I'm excited. :p Anyways, all that to say I'm planning on posting here everyday this wk for the challenge but if something happens to me you'll know what . . . =)

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!!! And, remember - link up tomorrow!!! 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Myum. This one's great! Love the color! I bet it's delicious!

See what I tried today for Day to of GSC: www.polepassionbyellea.com

Kisses, Elle A.

Beth Boone said...

Yummy!!! I will have to try this one for sure!!

Ashley said...

Yum, I never thought about adding kiwi! Check out my day 2 http://www.wannabegreen.net/2013/04/dont-be-afraid-of-kale.html

Unknown said...

This is a great recipe...Ill be back tomorrow to link up! Thanks
www.bugsbeans.blogspot.com

Pree said...

Oooh a never tried adding kiwi. I think I will tomorrow. Sans coconut though. Not a fan.

Mmmm those scones look yummy. Pinned them to try one day soon :)

Pree said...

Oh and how cool (the birth thing). I never heard of a doula until recently and that is so sweeeeet!

Dash Interiors said...

Looks completely refreshing in every way wow!! Can't wait to try it I love kiwi and coconut! Never heard of adding sea salt but sounds amazing totally trying this! It does make you a great sister by not posting a pic of her
Ha ha your sweet

Janna Renee said...

Oooh I bet the rice would be good...Although I would have to use brown rice, and I don't know if that would work. I want to try coconut oil in my smoothie! I haven't tried it yet.

Yo Momma Runs said...

I have all the ingredients for that smoothie in my fridge right now! Gotta get on making that!

Sally said...

What a great recipe! I love coconut oil :)
Can't wait for the link-up tomorrow!
Sally
Come say hi! Forward From The Heart

Unknown said...

I almost purchased kiwis at the store on Sunday, but didn't. This smoothie really makes me regret that decision. I'm definitely going to pick some up next time I'm at the store. This smoothie just screams summer!

Kelsey said...

Yum this smoothie sounds amazing Katherine!!

Andrea V. said...

oh wow. Banana and Kiwi sounds like a heavenly combo! :o) And good luck on the birth if you get called in!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

I really like the idea of adding kiwi, bet it was delish! It's a great recipe, I def want to try it soon :) and mango salsa is one if my faves!! Your such a happy lil girl in the kitchen, it's so inspiring!! I'm excited for tomorrow's link up!!

Heather said...

Love your photos! I'm really glad to have found out about this smoothie challenge - it's keeping me on track to have a super healthy smoothie every day and to try new ingredients together.

Becca said...

I just bought some kiwis. They do seem like they would go great with bananas for a smoothie. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Bumble, Katherine :)