Friday, April 12, 2013

Easy Peasy Homemade Guacamole


I made this recipe last week and thought I'd share it with you as it's so easy and simple + delicious! 

To make:

  • 1 ripe avocado (great way to use up leftover mushy avocados!)
  • 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
  • juice from 1 small lime 
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper

Finely dice red onion and tomato- set aside. Slice avocado in 1/2, remove pit and scrape out meat with a  spoon into a bowl. Squeeze lime juice on top of avocado and mash together with a fork. Add salt and pepper (to taste). Stir in onion and tomato. 



Serve with crispy bell slices or tortilla chips. Your choice! :-) 

11 comments:

Alexandra Zakharova said...

I do love avocado, but its really hard to find the right one somethimes:) thanks for recipe! Lovely pictures as well;)
Have a great time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Elle A. said...

Mhhh... I love Guacamole!!! Looks very tasty. I think, I will try this one out soon! Kisses, Elle A.

www.polepassionbyellea.com

Kathy said...

yum! i LOVE guac!

13.1 Miles to Disney said...

Yum! I love guacamole and I'm always trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

AisRae said...

This looks absolutely delicious!

wheniwearthisdress.blogspot.com

Beena.stephy said...

Good one

Aimee Christian said...

We make guacamole at least once a week in our house. I grow the tomatoes, cilantro and jalapenos in our garden and that's when it really ROCKS! Try it with the cilantro and jalapenos to kick it up a notch (if you use just a little, it doesn't taste spicy, just delicious). Check it out here...

http://fromchapelhilltochickenville.blogspot.com/2012/07/fresh-chunky-guacamole-only-7.html

Robyn said...

omg I love guacamole! it is my favorite summer food...ok all year food, i usually like to add a little Serrano pepper for some kick!

Sessy@NTSST said...

Looks SO good...pinning!
XO,
Stephanie
www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

Johanna said...

I am always up to try a new guac recipe. Especially as the weather warms up - delish!

shannonmarie said...

Gotta love guacamole. Nice photos, too.