Friday, April 12, 2013

Easy Peasy Homemade Guacamole


I made this recipe last week and thought I'd share it with you as it's so easy and simple + delicious! 

To make:

  • 1 ripe avocado (great way to use up leftover mushy avocados!)
  • 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
  • juice from 1 small lime 
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper

Finely dice red onion and tomato- set aside. Slice avocado in 1/2, remove pit and scrape out meat with a  spoon into a bowl. Squeeze lime juice on top of avocado and mash together with a fork. Add salt and pepper (to taste). Stir in onion and tomato. 



Serve with crispy bell slices or tortilla chips. Your choice! :-) 

11 comments:

Alexandra Zakharova said...

I do love avocado, but its really hard to find the right one somethimes:) thanks for recipe! Lovely pictures as well;)
Have a great time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Mhhh... I love Guacamole!!! Looks very tasty. I think, I will try this one out soon! Kisses, Elle A.

www.polepassionbyellea.com

Anonymous said...

yum! i LOVE guac!

Jodi Runs & Stuff said...

Yum! I love guacamole and I'm always trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This looks absolutely delicious!

wheniwearthisdress.blogspot.com

Beena said...

Good one

Unknown said...

We make guacamole at least once a week in our house. I grow the tomatoes, cilantro and jalapenos in our garden and that's when it really ROCKS! Try it with the cilantro and jalapenos to kick it up a notch (if you use just a little, it doesn't taste spicy, just delicious). Check it out here...

http://fromchapelhilltochickenville.blogspot.com/2012/07/fresh-chunky-guacamole-only-7.html

Robyn said...

omg I love guacamole! it is my favorite summer food...ok all year food, i usually like to add a little Serrano pepper for some kick!

Stephanie said...

Looks SO good...pinning!
XO,
Stephanie
www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

Johanna said...

I am always up to try a new guac recipe. Especially as the weather warms up - delish!

shannonmarie said...

Gotta love guacamole. Nice photos, too.