Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Life of Late


Listening to Dave Ramsey during my lunch break yesterday. Have any of your heard of this financial freedom guru? He's amazing and has some really great practical tips! 

Purple cabbage salad recipe coming soon -- so yummy. :) 


Why is it that I feel like playing Brad Paisley's "Hey, hey Mr. Policeman!" when I see a sight like this? :p 

So, I did. Yeah- I even tried to roll down the window so the officer could get a load of my crazy mood on the way home my work yesterday but my 16 yr old brother Bobby wouldn't let me. What?! Where's his fun ?  ? ? hehe! 



Just for laughs. =) And, no - this thought was not sparked by a ticket. :p 


Butternut squash made by bone broth (great alkalizing choice!) by my amazing sister Kristen. Thanks girlie- it was delish!!!


I hadn't had a green smoothie since before last week's vacation so I made it part of last night's dinner. :) Stay tuned for lots of upcoming recipes for next wk's challenge!!! 


It's lunch time now here at the office so I thought I'd share what I brought today. I threw this together last night as a quickie: spinach leaves, tomato hunks, grated zucchini, Bubbie's pickles with an oil based vinaigrette. Yum! Finished up this post so I can go eat - does anyone else get that STARVING feeling around noon? lol!

Hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC spring day. :-) We're 1/2 way through the week so comment and tell me how it's pulling off so far!

11 comments:

Beth Boone said...

Starving feeling...yes!!! I'm having chicken and grapefruit for lunch.

Pree said...

I just finished eating a pita sandwich wrap. Spicy black bean. It was yummy.

I am a late lunch eater so starving usually come around 1pm and I eat around 1:30/2!

The week is going. Tomorrow is my Friday. Thank goodness!

That green smoothie look so good!

Liv said...

Can not wait for the green smoothie challenge and recipes, the one I made with kale wasn't too spectacular. :)

Lindsey said...

I loved hearing about your week thus far! Mine has been crazy busy with work + gym + organizing for going out of town the week. Sadly I have not been as healthy with my lunches as you - your salads look amazing :)

Half way to Friday :) :)

Jodi Runs & Stuff said...

I'm so exciting for the green smoothie challenge! My kale smoothie didn't turn out great either.

Zoe said...

7 Day Green Smoothie challenge! Sounds interesting. I like my greens but don't think I can survive this challenge :p

Zoe

Alexandra Zakharova said...

I'm real fan of healthy food))) Looks good!!!! Great pictures as well!
Have a fabulous time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i LOVE butternut squash!!!
i'm off tomorrow so today is a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Healthy staff!;)

www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

xx

Anonymous said...

Healthy staff!;)

www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

xx

Janna Renee said...

Haha you better not get a ticket taking pictures while driving...Dave Ramsey is great. From what I have read of him, he advocates a lot of things that my husband and I have put into practice! I love financial freedom ;)