Saturday, April 20, 2013

How to Make Your First Green Smoothie


Maybe you're a green smoothie veteran or a brand newbie. Either way - this post will take you back to the basics and reveal how simple making a green smoothie can be!

Step 1 - Choose your liquid. 
  • You can use nut milks, dairy milks or even plain water!
Step 2 - Pick your green.
  • I recommend spinach for starters. It's mild in flavor and is easy to cover up with a sweet fruit. If you want to branch out, kale or lettuce from a bag of mixed greens is also a great choice!
Step 3 - Sweeten it up!
  • Bananas are one of my favorites because help create that creamy consistency that we all think of with a really good smoothie but you can really use any fruit that suits your fancy. =) 
That's really it, in a nutshell! You can take it from here and go wild!!! It can really be as simple as 3 ingredients or you can go for a power packed version by starting to add in super foods like chia seeds, flax powder or goji berries + so much more! 

I will continue to post tips and recipes all throughout next week so if you don't feel like you've quite got the hang of it - don't worry, I'm here for you! Feel free to shoot me and e-mail or leave a comment with any questions! You can also ask the other co-hosts any questions, too: Kristine, Sally, Ash, & Jezz.


To get you started - here are a few links to green smoothies I've made, making them tried and true!

Super Sweet & Delicious Green Smoothie

Mango Banana Green Smoothie

Chocolate PB Green Smoothie

Strawberry Spinach

If you haven't yet - be sure to sign-up for the 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge! It starts this Monday, April 22!

7 comments:

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

This is so helpful!! I absolutely agree with adding bananas, they're a must have in each of my smoothies. You're pictures are beautiful!! Love how each is so fresh and green :)

Dash Interiors said...

Holy cow your pics are amazing ! Great post!!

Alexandra Zakharova said...

it must be super healthy!!!! Great pictures as well!
Have a fabulous time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

They look yummy - I've never tried a green smoothie but can't wait to.

http://cupcakescraziness.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

I have never tried the green one but it sounds amazing!

Style Without Limits
Facebook

MyCleanerLabelLife said...

Found you through Heart Shaped Sweat! My husband I and were just talking about this today and looking for recipes. We are getting on board the challenge!
Heather may
http://www.frugalfitfamily.com

Unknown said...

Wow, this really is a helpful post for new inspirations. I was/am new to the green smoothie world too and was looking for the basics of a green smoothie, when I figured, that it is not that hard and really intuitive. But to have your post as a confirmation does feel good. Love your ideas and pictures!

Btw, I joined the challenge as well, so it would be great , if you'd stop by to check me out!

Love, Elle A.

www.polepassionbyellea.com