Monday, May 20, 2013

How to Make a "Healthified" Wendy's Chocolate Frosty


Another "Pin-spiration" moment. :) How was everyone's wk/end? 

Mine was totally awesome. Nice and relaxing, plus preparing for this coming week! Oh, and then that supposedly "1 hr girlfriend coffee date" (that I mentioned here) turned into almost 3 hrs on Friday. I believe I have found a new kindred spirit. :) We were also at Starbucks/Barnes and Noble. What can I say ? ? ? It's coffee and books . . . 

But, for now - I want to share with you something totally delicious and absolutely refreshing!

What better way to end / start (depending on how you look at it!) than with silky, super creamy milkshake that mimics a Wendy's chocolate frosty. :) Another Pinterest find . . . The above picture is what my turned out like. :p 

I'm so sorry - I can't remember who pinned this as I always like to like back to original sources but alas my memory fails me. :/ Please forgive and know that I do care about giving credit to who credit is due. Especially when they come up with genius ideas like this one! 

Here ya go . . . 


I'd recommend more banana than the recipe calls for ( + honey or maple syrup so it's good 'n sweet!) as my didn't turn out as creamy as I was expecting and think this is why. But, "heavenly" still describes my experience. I even added a hint of peppermint extract which is a refreshing addition if you want to give that a try, too!

Happy Monday! Don't work too hard. :) 

4 comments:

Sally said...

This sounds perfect for summer! Thank you for sharing :)
Sally
Come say hi! Forward From The Heart

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

This looks great! I can't wait to try it!

Stained Glass Butterfly said...

Looks good! I'll have to find a vanilla version. I am one of those oddballs who does not like chocolate!

Pree said...

Ohhhh I use to love wendy's choco frosty's!
I must try this soon!!