Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Minute Meals" for When You're in a Hurry and But Still Want to Eat Healthy


Are you in a hurry but still want to eat healthy? Try these two quick and easy breakfasts you can literally make within minutes!


This is a perfect on the go breakfast because you make it the night before! Just toss everything into a small Tubberware, stir it together and let it sit overnight. The morning of? Stir, grab-n-go!

Maple Sweetened Overnight Oats

1/2 cup steel cut oats
1.5 cup nut milk (or water) 
1 tablespoon maple flavored agave (or maple syrup) 
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt 
toppings: dried fruit, walnuts, coconut 

Pour nut milk (or water) over oats in a bowl. Sweetened with maple flavored agave, add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg) and salt. 

Cover and soak overnight (or at least 2 hrs) on counter or refrigerator if you prefer cold porridge.

Stir and add your favorite toppings. 





Bell pepper slices are a yummy snack to pack! What are your favorite on-the-go snacks? 

Workout wise -- I feel like I've been slacking of late. Came home last night and went for a short run with the sister. Decompressing, de-stressing or whatever . . . :p It felt amazing! I think I always run a little bit fast when I run with someone versus on my own. Ya know!


#2 - Minute meal! This was today's breakfast. :) Aaah- eating on the run. :p Chiboni greek yogurt topped with frozen raspberries and granola. Yum!

Ok- so tell me!

Do you have any "minute meals" that are great for mixing hurry and healthy? 

Have you made overnight oats before? 

When and what was your last workout? 

It's spring- are you getting outside and enjoying this AMAZING weather?! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love oatmeal! With furit and protein powder, almond milk..my go to breakfast!

http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

Katie Cook said...

YUM YUM YUM...these are amazing:) Thanks for sharing sweet girl! One of my favorites is Chia seed pudding. You put 1 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup chia seed and then any sweetner like agave. I also put in vanilla extract. Put it in the fridge for about 2 hours and then it's perfect! Yum!!

Sally said...

I love overnight oats! It's so fun to wake up to a tasty, healthy breakfast. And I always enjoy seeing new recipes for them.
Sally
Come say hi! Forward From The Heart

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

Smoothies are always my go-to. I'm just a wee bit obsessed. :)

http://thegrassskirtblog.com

Robyn said...

Like others said smoothies are one of my fave quick filling options, they are portable too which is nice, otherwise a whole wheat tortilla with PB and banana or apple or berries wrapped up is good too- your oatmeal looks marvelous!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh yum! Love that overnight oatmeal. It looks and sounds delicious.

Nadiya said...

I love overnight oats. They're the easiest thing to make yet so delish. Something I love is making muesli which is pretty much like cereal which comes with convenience but no nasty additives and sugars. :)

Gujjar said...

"More die in the United States from too much food than from too little."
Adelie