Tuesday, May 21, 2013

When You Just Don't Feel Like a Run



This has been me the last 2 wks. *arghh!* What happened to the girl that was running nearly every day this time last year? Plus, having an absolute blast at it?! Well, she's still here but maybe a little preoccupied with other things. :)

You'll be proud to hear that despite wet and rainy conditions, and an almost overpowering "I don't feel like it" kind of emotion -  I laced up and headed out the door this evening for what I knew in my head would make me feel better. :p

That was about 30 minutes ago . . .  and guess what? I did feel awesome afterwards and that "I don't want to" feeling transformed into a "I'm so glad I did"! :p I admit that it was a slower, more painful run since I've been out of my groove but none the less it was a run!!!

Now, I want to hear your advice. :)

Do you still head out for your run -- rain or shine?

What about when it's really one of those "I just don't feel like it" kind of days? 

8 comments:

Sally said...

If I just don't feel like it, then I tell myself I will head out for just a mile or two. Usually, once I am out the door and moving I feel great and keep going!
I LOVE running in the rain, so when there is a steady, lightning-free shower it tends to motivate me to head out :)
One of my favorite motivational quotes is:
"No one ever returns from a workout regretting they did it."
And it's SO true!

Lindsey said...

For me running is more mental then physical! The hardest part is just getting out the door, set schedule and stick to it.

It helps me to unwind at the end of the day, gives me energy in the evening...worth it every time :)

Good luck in getting out there!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

yayyy! I'm glad you got out for your run. You're so right, it feels wonderful when done :) I haven't ever ran in the rain, just not for me but I still head to the gym rain or shine! I just do what I love to do on days I'm feeling blah. With exercise there are so many choices and that always helps me on the days I have that "just don't feel like it" feeling!

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

When it's rainy, I opt for the treadmill unless I'm already out running and it starts to rain. Sometimes, that's just fun!

On days I don't feel like running, I do it anyway. It just makes me feel better! I used to be a 3-4 day a week runner, but I've run all but 4 days since April 1st and I feel great. I don't always run big miles, but I at least run two miles a day. I wish I had more long run days, but at this stage, I'll take what I can get!

Unknown said...

I know the feeling..Sometimes I am just not moitvated..once I am done with my workout though, I alwasy feel great...always need to remember that!

http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

Erin James said...

You are so inspirational, thanks for this!

XO
Erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Marleen Swart said...

I don't like to run in the rain. Never have, so then I just head on over to the gym and run there on the TM.

6 Pack Momma said...

I always make myself go out for a run. It started when I started a run streak. It helped a lot on those icky days to go run no matter. 1 mile is my rule. Even on a slow day that is 10-12 minutes. I can do that!!