Wednesday, June 26, 2013

3 Tips for Growing Your Blog



Plan your posts. :) I learned this tip from Emily! Planning captivating content versus flying by the seat of your pants allows you to systematically grow your blog---  saving you from the "whatever pops into my head" syndrome, usually called a brain cramp. :p 

Planning posts was a lifesaver for me with the last green smoothie challenge

Having a vision for your blog ties into "planning your posts". :) What's your goal for your blog? To create an outlet for yourself? Have fun? Inspire others? 

Write it down! 


Keep it short and sweet. :) Contrary to popular belief- simple is usually best. This is something that took me forever to learn! Pick a topic for a post and (mainly) stick to that original thought. :)


Probably most importantly, you need to know your audience!

Who are you trying to reach? Is it other people your own age? DIY-ers, moms, singles, married, fit or unfit - be specific.

When you know who you're trying to connect with, Steps 1 & 2, and creating captivating content that grows your blog will practically happen on it's own. :-)

Feel free to leave your tips in the comments below and let me know what you think of mine!

*Photos courtesy of C Fisher Photography

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tips! Absolutely agree!!

http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

Katherine said...

Thanks Jezz!

Cindy said...

Always need great blogging tips! Thank you, thank you!
Cindy @ Newlywed Nutrition

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I always love reading blogging tips - these were a good refresher!

And I agree - really, long lengthly posts I tend to just skim over, but short ones to the point grab my attention!

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

Great tips! I totally agree. :) I also think it is important to have your own voice because it makes you stand out. :)

The Grass Skirt

erica said...

great tips! Hope you're having a fab weekend! xx